The personal GPS tracker Q2/Q3 upload the GPRS package with GPS data or WiFi data depends on the B71 settings and the environment around the device.
The GPRS package with GPS data is around 108 bytes. Below is the example.
The GPRS package with WiFi data is around 152 bytes. Example is below.
How to calculate the GPS tracker monthly data consumption? Below four factors you need consider:
1) Time interval: each GPRS package you can treat it as 160 bytes
2) Data resend: if the newwork is poor, the data may be resent at sometimes
3) Network connection: for some operators, when the device connects with the network, the connection will be charged based on times. And the charge will be converted into the data consumption. This part is difficult to point out details like how much data will be consumed. But the users need note this possibility.
4) SOS Calling: calling doesn't use the GPRS data. Like the mobile call, it uses the mobile voice data plan.
Case study: time interval at 30 seconds, the network is normal. How much data consumption monthly?
1) Time interval: One GPRS package 160 bytes, an hour is 120 packages, a day is 2880 packages, a month (30 days) is 86400 bytes. 86400/1024=84KB(is KB, not MB)
2) Data resend: Let's put estimated 10% as data resend=84*0.1=9KB
3) Network connection: This part is difficult to point out details, it is assocated with the operators. Accoding to the safe space rule, suggest 9MB for it.
We suggest prepare 10MB monthly GPRS data plan for the above case, and the user still need to observe the first month data consumption to acheive a correct conclusion. Additionally, the SIM card needs support voice call so you can use the personal GPS alarm device for two way calling like SOS emergency help.